How to vote?
Can I vote?
You can vote if
- you have registered for voting at the municipality office where you are registered for permanent or temporary residence (deadline was April 14th)
- you have already voted in the Czech republic in the previous EP elections (then you are registered for this election automatically)
When to vote?
Elections will take place on Friday, May 24 from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and on Saturday, May 25 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where to vote?
- During the registration process, you should have been informed about the location of your polling station
- If you are not sure, reach out to the municipality where you are registered for permanent or temporary residence, they can help.
What should I bring?
ID or passport.
How do I cast my vote?
- You will get a set of ballots and an envelope.
- Enter the voting booth and choose only one ballot of your choice. Consider voting for the Pirate party!
- Insert the chosen ballot in the official envelope.
- Once done, leave the voting booth and put the envelope in the ballot box.
How do I mark the ballots?
You can support up to two specific candidates by circling the number next to their name. If a candidate receives at least 5% of votes for that particular party, she or he moves to the first position and has higher chances of being elected.
- Our goal is to protect peace and freedom of movement that the EU provides.
- We aim to keep making it easier for European citizens to travel and work abroad.
- We support further harmonization of social and health insurance systems across the member states to assure less bureaucracy when seeking health care.
- We strive for equal opportunities in the workplace – no discrimination based on nationality, language or gender.
Read more about our programme here.